EA has posted a new trailer announcing the Titanfall beta, and has confirmed that the beta starts on February 14th on Xbox One and PC. The beta will also feature 2 maps and 3 game modes, including a new “Last Titan Standing” mode.
Here’s the game modes and maps, via EA:
- Attrition – If you have never played classic Titanfall before, this is the place to start. Kill anything on the enemy team to earn Attrition Points. The winning team is the one that hits the score limit first, or has the highest score when the time is up.
- Hardpoint Domination – Capture and hold the three hardpoints in the map for your team to earn points. The more hardpoints you hold, the faster you win. Capture neutral hardpoints by standing near them for a short period of time. Retake enemy-held hardpoints by standing near them for a longer period of time – a hardpoint must be rendered neutral before you can begin to capture it. If enemies are near a hardpoint, you must find and eliminate them before any capturing or neutralizing will happen.
- Last Titan Standing – In Last Titan Standing, everyone starts in a Titan. Your team must eliminate all of the enemy team’s Titans or Pilots to win. This is a round-based mode, and the team that wins the best of five rounds wins the match. Within each round, there is no respawning, and there are no replacement Titans, until the next round starts.
- Angel City – When the IMC instituted martial law in Angel City, massive walls were built and a system of security checkpoints was created to divide the city into many smaller districts. The unfortunate residents of the Harbor District, now unable to move freely throughout the city, are only able to view the glittering skyline from afar. Pilots fighting in the city gravitate to the highly accessible rooftops, using them to cross entire city districts without ever touching the ground.
- Fracture – The IMC’s discovery of fuel-rich veins beneath this once-beautiful community led to aggressive, systematic fracking of the area, turning it into a seismically unstable shell of its former opulence. Titans rule much of the jagged terrain, forcing Pilots to move through and take cover within the interiors of the abandoned buildings. The best Pilots will carefully time their Cloak usage for the precise amount of time that is necessary to move between the protective interior spaces, or use every available square inch of vertical surface to string together complex wall-run routes.
The Titanfall Beta is coming February 14th to Xbox One and PC! Register now for a chance to play! http://www.titanfall.com/au/beta
Titanfall is the first next-gen shooter that combines pure adrenaline, wall-running, double-jumping action with powerful, fast-paced titan warfare to set the new bar for online multiplayer gameplay. The Beta will have two maps and three Titanfall modes, including newly announced mode “Last Titan Standing”.